Tour dei Bacari in Venice invites you to experience true taste of local fine dining and tasting in really unforgettable surroundings of iconic Floating City. Leave the usual touristic paths to start real adventure among hundreds of small "calle" passages to discover authentic Venetian taverns and wine bars called "Bacari" where you can taste delicious "Cicheti" (Chicketti) – local snacks based on fish, meat or vegetables. Cicheti are placed along wooden bar to accompany a glass of good vine or local aperitif Spritz.
Here are some examples: meatballs, stuffed cod, sardines in soar on hot polenta or small sandwiches. Take a pleasant break to rest, recharge or revel during your visit to the city while you have a chance to discover genuine gastronomic pleasures, away touristic paths and international restaurants. Bacari gives your perfect occasion to try Venetian lifestyle in dining, made of small gourmet pleasures to indulge in warm company.
Venice features about a hundred of Bacari establishments, most part of them located in central Rialto district. Visiting all of them in a day and remaining sober is actually impossible, but you can choose some of them for a safe barhop route.
Here are the essentials we recommend:
• Il Bacareto da Lele in Campo dei Tolentini 183, sestiere Santa Croce
• Al Timon, in Fondamenta degli Ormesini, 2754 (a pochi passi dal Ghetto Ebraico)
• Il Paradiso perduto, in Fondamenta della Misericordia, 2540
• Vino vero, Fondamenta della Misericordia, 2497
• Alla vedova, Cannaregio (Cà D’oro) 3912, rinomato per le succulente polpettine
• Ai promessi sposi, Calle dell’Oca, 4367
• Bacarando, Calle dell’Orso, 5495
What are you waiting for? This is your perfect occasion to start new adventure of fine dining and tasting!